Sunday, June 21, 2009

Colonials Game- June 20


I used some of my figures in another of Mike's brilliant, GIANT, colonial games this last Saturday. There were probably at least 500 figures on the table. To the right you can see a unit my Arab cavalry / camelry figs in amongst the palms and native scrum. I commanded a German raiding party (on the opposite side of the table) which was made up of about 60 of my figures (Pulp Figures German SeeBattalion, BG Asienkorps, Foundry Ruga-Ruga) -plus a Maxim gun team , plus 20 of Mike's Sikhs standing in for Askari and an ersatz German cannon.

My efforts were sluggish and mostly consisted of lobbing shells into town from the top of a paddle wheeler. When I did land my units they were effectively contested by a unit of Egyptians who had gone berserk as a result of fire they had received from my troops earlier. By the time my boys dealt with the enraged fez wearers, a unit of Sepoys had moved in to contest the ruins we landed in. My Marines and Ruga Ruga charged the Sepoys, the Ruga Ruga being thrown back, the Marines moving forward. At this point the game ended and I had accomplished none of my victory conditions.
I may buy some Copplestone , BH or BG Askari for future Colonial games.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks impressive Scott. Any more photos?

Helen

Scott Pasha said...

There were some cameras snapping, but I haven't seen any other photos yet. This was actually from my phone. And I just got a new camera for father's day so expect an improvement.

Scott Pasha said...

Let me ammend that: here are some photos that Jim took, posted on his Blog "Napoleon's HQ" http://napoleon91.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thanks Scott,

The extra photos look great!

Helen