Sunday, May 9, 2010

Update, May 2010


I am now 2/3 of the way done with my Union battery. 2 crews and 2 guns finished. The figures are Sash & Saber, which I am of very mixed minds about. But that's what I have and that's what I'm painting. Currently doing a stand (2 coys.) of Crusader Frock Coat infantry which will, when done give me 2/3 of a Regiment of those figs. I bought some Frock Coat Union Renegade figs a while back to go with the 2 stands that are painted. What will I do for the Command stand? Maybe some Sash & Saber command figs I have, which aren't 100% compatible (they have packs on and are in Sack coats) .

As to WWI I'm definitely going to get some of the new Woodbine Design Indian figs (when I have some surplus $$). Woodbine is best for releasing all the figs you actually need to build units. So I am eagerly awaiting the Officers, NCOs, grenadiers and Lewis gunners. Also I plan to buy a "starter army" of Arabs in Ottoman service and possibly paint them as Sharifian Regulars.

No comments: